This simple corn salsa made with lime, cilantro, and tomatoes is ideal with chips or served over your favourite tacos or burrito bowls!
This recipe was impressed by Chipotle’s corn salsa. I all the time get a rooster burrito bowl with corn salsa and find it irresistible a lot that I needed to recreate it. It’s great, particularly in the summertime when candy corn is at its peak. This taste of the salsa is the right mixture of candy, tangy, and spicy – You’ll be able to alter the warmth based on your style. Extra of my favourite summer season corn recipes are this Mexican-Impressed Grilled Corn Salad, Corn Tomato Avocado Salad, and Grilled Corn on the Cob.
- Contemporary Corn: Minimize the corn kernels off three cobs.
- Tomatoes: Seed and cube two small vine-ripened tomatoes.
- Onions: Crimson onion and scallions
- Jalapeño: For spicy corn salsa, preserve the seeds and ribs within the jalapeño. For a light dip, take away them.
- Cilantro: Chop contemporary cilantro.
- Lime: Juice one lime.
- Salt and Pepper to style
The way to Make Corn Salsa
- Cook dinner the corn: Grilled corn is my favourite for this salsa, however you may also roast, microwave, or boil. To boil the corn, place peeled ears of corn in boiling water and cook dinner 5 minutes, then drain and funky. To microwave the corn, place a moist paper towel round every ear of corn and microwave about 3 to 4 minutes, till the corn is tender. To grill the corn, place peeled ears of corn on the grill over medium warmth and cook dinner, turning till charred, about 10 minutes.
- Prep the Corn: To take away the kernels from the cob, maintain it upright in a big shallow bowl and minimize the corn off with a chef’s knife.
- Mix all of the corn salsa substances in a bowl and refrigerate it for an hour or longer.
What to Serve with Corn Salsa
There are such a lot of methods to eat this wholesome salsa. Listed here are my favorites!
The way to Make Forward
In case you’re serving this simple salsa for a celebration, you may make it a day prematurely. Cowl it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate till able to serve. Leftovers will last as long as 4 days.
- Corn not in season? Use frozen corn.
- Peppers: Swap the jalapeño with poblano pepper or pink bell pepper.
- Tomatoes: Use grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Herbs: In case you don’t like cilantro, exchange it with chives.
- Beans: Add some black beans for fiber.
- Cheese: If you wish to add cheese, cotija cheese can be delish.
Extra Salsa Recipe Concepts:
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 /2 cup
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
To boil the corn, place peeled ears of corn in boiling water and cook dinner 5 minutes, then drain and funky.
To microwave the corn, place a moist paper towel round every ear of corn and microwave about 3 to 4 minutes, till the corn is tender.
To grill the corn, place peeled ears of corn on the grill over medium warmth and cook dinner, turning till charred, about 10 minutes.
Serving: 1 /2 cup, Energy: 57 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 2 g, Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 10 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 4 g