This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is a weeknight hero. It comes collectively on a single baking sheet in proper round half-hour. No boiling required!
Should you’ve by no means made sheet pan gnocchi earlier than, put together your self: when you attempt it, your weeknight dinner rotation won’t ever be the identical! The explanation it’s so magical is that you don’t should boil the gnocchi. That implies that this recipe requires no pasta pot and no ready for water to boil. It comes collectively on a single sheet pan, and you will get it into the oven, out of the oven, and onto the dinner desk in half-hour.
I acquired the thought to attempt it after I developed a skillet gnocchi recipe for my new cookbook. I figured that if store-bought gnocchi may prepare dinner by way of in a skillet, it will roast up properly on a sheet pan too.
…and I’ve a brand new favourite method to prepare dinner gnocchi! It turns into tender and chewy within the oven. On this recipe, its texture contrasts completely with juicy cherry tomatoes, crisp-edged broccolini, and silky onions. Massive chunks of feta cheese add richness and briny taste, whereas parsley, thyme, and a pinch of za’atar provide freshness to stability all of it out. I hope you’re keen on this sheet pan gnocchi recipe as a lot as I do!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this recipe:
- Gnocchi, after all! Refrigerated and shelf-stable potato gnocchi each work nice right here. I particularly just like the Isola model, obtainable at Entire Meals, and Dealer Joe’s gnocchi. Observe that I haven’t tried utilizing cauliflower gnocchi right here, so I’m undecided how it will work!
- Broccolini – Chop the florets into giant items, leaving them principally intact, and minimize the stems into 1/2-inch chunks. They add improbable crisp-tender texture to this dish!
- Cherry tomatoes – They launch their juices within the oven, frivolously coating the gnocchi and different veggies.
- Pink onion and garlic – For savory depth of taste. Thinly slice the garlic as an alternative of chopping or mincing it in order that it doesn’t burn within the oven.
- Further-virgin olive oil – It helps every part brown because it roasts.
- Za’atar and recent thyme leaves – They add earthy, fragrant taste to this sheet pan meal. No za’atar readily available? Use Italian seasoning as an alternative.
- Pink pepper flakes – For warmth.
- Feta cheese – Don’t crumble it! As an alternative, break it into giant items. They provide a stunning creamy distinction to the chewy gnocchi and tender veggies.
- Contemporary parsley – For a recent crowning glory.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Find out how to Make Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is really easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, preheat the oven to 450°F. Whereas it heats up, line a big rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and chop the veggies and recent herbs.
Subsequent, season the gnocchi and veggies. Place the gnocchi, broccolini, tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a big bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt, za’atar, thyme leaves, crimson pepper flakes, and a number of other grinds of pepper. Toss to mix.
Then, switch the combination to the ready baking sheet. Unfold every part in a single layer as finest you possibly can. The pan might be considerably crowded, however the higher you possibly can house issues out, the higher they are going to brown.
Roast for 10 minutes. Pull the sheet pan out of the oven and stir the gnocchi and greens. Unfold them in a single layer once more.
Earlier than returning the pan to the oven, scatter on the feta. Roast for an additional 15 to twenty minutes, or till the gnocchi is tender and the veggies and feta are browned.
Lastly, season to style and serve with a sprinkle of parsley high!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Serving Strategies
We frequently get pleasure from this sheet pan gnocchi recipe as a standalone meal—the combination of gnocchi, feta, and roasted veggies makes it tremendous satisfying. That being stated, it pairs properly with plenty of facet dishes.
This sheet pan dinner is finest proper after it’s made, because the baked gnocchi companies up because it cools. Nevertheless, if in case you have leftovers, they’ll preserve nicely for as much as 2 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. Pop them within the microwave to reheat. The gnocchi received’t be fairly as tender because it was proper after it was cooked, however it’ll nonetheless style nice!
Extra Straightforward Dinner Recipes
Should you love this sheet pan gnocchi, attempt considered one of these straightforward dinner recipes subsequent:
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is considered one of our favourite straightforward dinners! Retailer-bought gnocchi roasts alongside recent veggies and tangy feta cheese. No boiling required!
- 1 pound store-bought potato gnocchi (we like Isola)
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed, florets minimize into huge items and stems minimize into ½-inch items
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ small crimson onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon recent thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- ¼ teaspoon crimson pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese, torn into 1-inch chunks
- Contemporary parsley, for garnish, non-obligatory
Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a big rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, toss collectively the gnocchi, broccolini, cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, thyme, za’atar, crimson pepper flakes, and a number of other grinds of pepper. Unfold evenly on the baking sheet.
Roast for 10 minutes. Stir, then scatter the feta on high. Roast for 15 to twenty extra minutes, or till the gnocchi is tender and the greens and feta are browned. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Season to style and serve.