What’s much more refreshing than watermelon? Watermelon popsicles! These wholesome, 2-ingredient treats are excellent for warm summer time days.
These watermelon popsicles are the right deal with for a scorching summer time day. Ice chilly, fruity, and refreshing, they’ll cool you off and quench your thirst in a single go. They’re additionally wholesome(!) and tremendous simple to make(!), as a result of this watermelon popsicles recipe calls for 2 easy components: watermelon and lime juice. That’s proper! There’s no added sugar, no added coloring, no added something right here. Simply contemporary fruit!
The way to Make Watermelon Popsicles
This watermelon popsicle recipe couldn’t be simpler to make! You’ll want two easy components:
- Recent watermelon – I name for six cups cubed, from about 1 medium melon. Undecided learn how to chop it? Take a look at my information to learn how to lower a watermelon!
- Lime juice – Its vibrant taste provides such a pleasant kick to those popsicles! Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the very best style. Recent lemon juice works too.
FAQ: How do I select watermelon?
- Search for a melon that’s heavy for its dimension.
- Take a look at the “subject spot.” This white or yellow spot is the place the watermelon made contact with the bottom whereas it was rising. A darker spot signifies a riper melon. Selected a melon whose spot is yellow or cream-colored, not pale white.
- Knock on it! A ripe melon will make a hole sound.
Place the watermelon and lime juice in a blender and mix till fully easy.
Pour the watermelon combination into popsicle molds, leaving 1/2 inch of area for enlargement on the high. Cowl, and add popsicle sticks in the event that they’re not constructed into your molds.
Lastly, freeze the popsicles till they’re set, 4 hours or in a single day.
Sure, it’s that simple to make these selfmade watermelon popsicles!
Our household loves this recipe as written, however by all means, be happy to vary it up!
- Use a mixture of fruits. Half watermelon and half strawberries could be nice.
- Or use a unique fruit. I’m making an attempt mango popsicles subsequent!
- Add an herb. Recent basil or mint leaves would make these ice pops much more refreshing.
- Make them creamy. Mix some entire milk Greek yogurt or coconut milk into the watermelon puree.
- Sweeten them. To make these selfmade popsicles extra-sweet, add your required sweetener, comparable to honey, maple syrup, or cane sugar, to style.
Let me know what variations you attempt!
Finest Watermelon Popsicles Ideas
- Recruit the youngsters. These simple watermelon popsicles aren’t simply enjoyable for teenagers to eat—children can assist make them too! Have them cease and begin the blender, or allow them to add the popsicle sticks to the molds. My son and I like making this recipe collectively!
- Use a seedless watermelon. That method, you may add the watermelon straight to the blender after you chop it. In case your watermelon has seeds, do your greatest to take away them from the melon earlier than pureeing it—they add bitterness to the watermelon combination.
- Depart room for the popsicles to increase. Liquid expands within the freezer, so be sure that to not fill your popsicle molds all the way in which to the highest. I depart 1/2 inch on the high of mine to present the watermelon popsicles room to develop.
- Eat them inside 3 months. If your loved ones is something like ours, these watermelon popsicles will disappear like lightening. However for those who occur to have some grasp round, they hold for weeks within the freezer. Goal to shine them off inside 3 months for the very best taste.
Extra Favourite Summer season Treats
If you happen to love these watermelon popsicles, attempt considered one of these enjoyable summer time treats subsequent:
And when you have leftover watermelon, use it to make my watermelon salad, watermelon juice, or watermelon gazpacho!
We like to make these 2-ingredient watermelon popsicles all summer time lengthy! The right deal with for a scorching day, they’re icy, fruity, and refreshing. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lime juice
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
In a blender, place the watermelon and lime juice. Mix till fully easy, then pour into popsicle molds, leaving ½ inch on the high for enlargement.
Cowl and add popsicle sticks if obligatory. Freeze till set, 4 hours or in a single day.
Makes about 8 popsicles, relying on the scale of your molds